If you have low levels of Human Growth Hormone, you may feel tired, weak and lacking energy. Human Growth Hormone is well known for it’s ability to promote growth in children. However, most people don’t realize it’s importance in repair and healing. It is this ability that is important in maintaining energy and vitality in adults. Unfortunately HGH levels decrease in your 20’s to 30’s. In fact, low adult HGH levels can add to a variety of psychological and physical symptoms that impact your overall health.
Why Is HGH Important?
Human Growth Hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland, which is a pea sized gland at the base of the brain. HGH helps control our physical growth as children. In adults who have stopped growing, it is better to think of it as “repair hormone”. This is because, in addition to regulating normal human growth, HGH also helps our bodies repair instead of deteriorate.
The benefits of HGH may include:
- Maintenance or improvement in mental acuity
- Increased synthesis of new protein tissues, such as in muscle recovery or repair.
- Decreased body fat.
- Improved sleep with fewer unintended awakenings and improved REM-stage sleep.
- More energy
- Improved sexual performance
- Stronger bones
Symptoms of Low HGH?
Common symptoms of low HGH levels include:
- Weight gain, especially around the midsection
- Muscle weakness and atrophy
- Reduced sex drive and sexual desire
- Fatigue or lethargy
- Thin, dry skin
- Poor sleep
- Social withdrawal
Diagnosis & Treatment
The experts at EVOLVED MEDICAL require a detailed history as well as blood testing in order to make a diagnosis of Growth Hormone Deficiency.
Those who are started on therapy can see benefits such as:
- Improved cardiovascular function
- Increased muscle strength and reversal of lost muscle mass
- Increased bone mass and growth
- Healthier hair, skin, and nails
- Improved clarity, focus, and memory
- Increased immune function
- Better, deeper sleep
- Elevated, more stable moods
Schedule your free consultation today with one of our hormone replacement experts to see if hormone replacement is right for you.