Excess weight is a national epidemic, affecting some 69 percent of Americans. The implications of being overweight are many and serious, increasing risks for many diseases, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease, including heart attack
- Cancer (colon, rectum, breast, uterus, kidney, thyroid and others)
- Sleep apnea
- Fatty liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Pregnancy problems (including increased incidence of C-section)
Being overweight can also reduce your energy level and prevent you from engaging in certain leisure activities and certain types of work. And as almost every overweight person knows all too well, it can damage your confidence and self-image and affect your social life.
You may have tried dieting and exercise. You may even have lost a few pounds, only to find them come back – sometimes with a vengeance. Why?
Changes Begin Early
As early as your 20s, hormonal changes in your body cause your metabolism to slow down, so that eventually you burn about 150 fewer calories every day. If you continue to eat the same amount, you will add fat and lose muscle mass, unless you make the very difficult effort to increase your physical activity, so that your body burns more calories. If you don’t make changes in your lifestyle, gaining weight is nearly inevitable.
Unfortunately, few people can make the necessary lifestyle changes on their own. Even if you do, your body may not cooperate because your hormones are no longer at their optimum levels and your metabolism simply isn’t functioning like that of a 20-year-old.
If you’ve tried everything without experiencing the results you want, Evolved Medical can help you with a personalized, medically supervised weight loss program. We understand that gaining weight as you age is almost inevitable – but we also know that you can change your body at any stage in life, returning it to a more youthful state through a program of Medical Weight Loss.
How We Do It
Evolved Medical takes a synergistic approach to healthy weight loss, combining nutrition, exercise and hormone balancing so that you can lose those extra pounds, feel younger and live longer.
Depending on your overall health and other medical conditions, your personalized healthy weight loss regimen might include one or more of the following:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) to build lean muscle mass and lose fat by restoring the proper balance of hormones in your body
- Optimizing Human Growth Hormone (HGH), to return cell metabolism to a healthier, more normal state resulting in increased muscle and decreased fat
- Exercise, to increase and retain lean muscle mass
- Nutraceuticals, to supply the proper nutrients in the right amounts
- Advanced lifestyle modifications, to help optimize overall health as you age
- The use of HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin)
Regardless of the state of your health, we can quick-start your weight loss program to achieve a happier, healthier you. Contact us today for a free consultation!